Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 10, Rangers 1
Carlos Santana got a couple of hits, Carlos Carrasco went 5.2 innings of 1 run ball, and Eric Stamets mashed a grand slam in the fourth inning to start the scoring for the Cleveland Indians.
When Jose Ramirez got carted off the field a few days ago, Cleveland fans everywhere prematurely accepted that both Ramirez and Lindor would not be in the lineup on Opening Day. But now, the prognosis for the Angry Hamster looks much better and he’s back on track to be in the starting lineup on Opening Day.
All the pitching in the world can’t score runs. The bats will have to step up to support an incredible rotation if the Cleveland Indians have deep playoff aspirations.
Tito said he would take great pitching and okay hitting over okay pitching and great hitting. Well Tito, you’re getting your wish this season.
The Tribe isn’t going to out-slug opponents this year, so they’ll have to get creative on how they score runs. Speed on the bases may be the key.
Around the league
- Steve Pearce will be on the injured list to begin the season.
- Clayton Kershaw and Walker Buehler are progressing after dealing with injuries.
- Daniel Hudson has a new 1-year contract with the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Dan Straily has been released by the Miami Marlins.
- Alex Cobb is also on the injured list with a strained right groin.
- Rick Porcello had a slight scare on Monday: