Happy Friday, everyone!
Indians 3, Rangers 7
Cleveland.com Recap | Box Score
Mike Clevinger got lit up, so obviously the year season is doomed. But Adam Cimber and Brad Hand each had clean innings, so maybe things aren’t so bad after all. Carlos Santana also got a hit and continues to have a scorching hot spring.
Lindor off and running toward Opening Day | MLB
Our blue haired prince is one step closer (literally and figuratively) to being ready for Opening Day.
The latest on Lindor, Ramirez, and Kipnis | MLB
Not gonna lie, my heart sank when I saw this headline because I thought it was referring to some new injury for Jose Ramirez. Thankfully, it was just some discussion on whether or not Hanley Ramirez will make the team out of spring training.
Ichiro once said he’d ‘punch himself in the face’ if he ever lied about wanting to go to Cleveland | Cleveland.com
Hey remember that one time Ichiro threw shade at the city of Cleveland? No? Well here you go.
Carlos Carrasco expects more baseball dolls and success for the Cleveland Indians this year: My Cleveland | Cleveland.com
I would pay an irresponsible amount of money for those custom player baseballs that Cookie and Bauer made a few years ago.
Cleveland Indians have baseball’s best starting rotation, but is that enough to win it all? 2019 season preview | Cleveland.com
Pitching is really good and really necessary for a winning baseball team. But so is hitting and scoring runs.
Around the league
- Hunter Pence will be with the Texas Rangers on Opening Day.
- Paul Goldscmidt is going to have a five-year extension with the Cardinals.
- LGFT CC Sabathia took the mound for the first time since December and he seems to be feeling well.
- Blake Snell, the reigning Cy Young winner, will make $50 million over the next 5 years.
- Corey Knebel is set to have an elbow examination.
- 27 years after his professional baseball career began in 1992, Ichiro will be calling it quits after the current series in Japan concludes.