Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 1, Padres 3
Trevor Bauer gave up a few runs, but he went 5.2 innings and notched 9 strikeouts. The bats left a lot to be desired outside of Jose Ramirez’s double, but Jose Ramirez hit a double, so that was cool.
Tito’s most recent non-baseball related antics involved jumping out of an airplane, but the Tribe skipper is focused on competing and winning in 2019. Here’s to another great year, Tito!
Gonzalez has had health issues as of late (although he still managed to play in 132 games last season), but what’s more concerning are his stats away from Coors Field. His career slash at home is .323/.381/.592 (includes 316 PAs in Oakland), but in away games he’s only slashing .251/.307/.420. He’s also turning 33 this year, so there’s more than a bit of risk should he make the roster.
Around the league
- Gio Gonzalez is now a member of the New York Yankees.
- It’s looking like Alex Wood will be on the DL to start the season.
- Clayton Kershaw will not be ready for Opening Day.
- Jacoby Ellsbury is returning from a myriad of injuries.
- LGFT Erik Gonzalez is the starting shortstop for the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Some huge, long overdue changes may be coming to the minor leagues, including increased salaries, better living conditions and better transportation.