Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 7, Angels 2
Roberto Perez continued to hit with a double (as did Oscar Mercado), and Mike Clevinger struck out 4 batters in as many innings.
Carlos Gonzalez was a force to be reckoned with as recently as 2016. For the past two seasons, however, he hasn’t hit as well as folks have come to expect. Now, he’s moving out of Coors Field, which can often account for at least some of the success of the players who play there. If CarGo isn’t rostered by “early April”, he can opt-out.
It’s become apparent as of late that Cody Anderson would not be making the Opening Day roster. So, in order to help him continue his regular work, he’s heading to Minor League camp for the rest of the spring.
Tito hasn’t committed to his Opening Day starter yet, but it’s looking like it’ll be either Corey Kluber (who’s started every Opening Day for Cleveland since 2015) or Trevor Bauer.
Could Jose Ramirez be this year’s Bryce Harper at the Home Run Derby?
Around the league
- Baker Mayfield took a shot at being first base coach for the Brewers.
- Estevan Florial, one of the top prospects for the Yankees, broke his wrist on Saturday night.
- Bryce Harper, after getting hit in the ankle, isn’t worried about not being ready for Opening Day.
- Despite being 45, Ichiro doesn’t know when he’ll stop playing baseball.
- Angel Hernandez brought the ump show to spring training this year with his ejection of AJ Hinch.
- It looks like Dustin Pedroia may be healthy again.
- Joey Votto seems to be a fan of Yasiel Puig: