Happy Friday, everyone!
Indians 7, Diamondbacks 10
Greg Allen had notched two hits and Jose Ramirez hit his first home run in 47 years. And, most importantly, no one got hurt.
Bonus: Hammy call:
Lindor had an off day (scheduled) on Thursday, but he should be back to working out on Friday as he works back towards full health. Get well soon, Frankie.
Hanley Ramirez hasn’t played in a Major League game since last May. He’s got some work to do if he wants to make the Opening Day roster with the Indians at the end of the month.
Corey Kluber wants to keep getting better and win a championship. I’m a fan of both goals, Klubot.
Around the league
- The Bryce Harper saga has finally come to a close. Now the rest of the off-season can begin!
- Clay Buchholz also signed yesterday (with the Blue Jays).
- Jose Altuve is making his way back from knee surgery and will take the field this weekend.
- Aroldis Chapman isn’t being bothered by knee tendinitis anymore.
- Are the Blue Jays manipulating Vladimir Guerrero Jr.’s service time? The MLBPA would like to know.
- Jenrry Mejia strikes out the side in his return from being banned by MLB.
- Alternate Bryce Harper timelines:
I’m told Giants made a 12-year, $310 million offer to Bryce Harper. They were willing to go higher but would have had to go well over $330 million to get it done because of California taxes.— Alex Pavlovic (@PavlovicNBCS) February 28, 2019