Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Rangers 11, Indians 5
Greg Allen homered in his first at-bat of the day, Trevor Bauer had 3.0 scoreless innings, and Ben Taylor has an ERA of 94.50. But the most important thing, again, is that no one got hurt.
The man of a thousand pitches refined another one this winter in preparation for the 2019 campaign. Bauer seems pretty confident in his revamped changeup, so hopefully it makes hitters look foolish all summer long.
Bauers had a good stretch of games last season with the Rays. If he can bring anything like that to Cleveland this year, he’ll be contributing plenty to Cleveland’s winning culture.
Around the league
- The city of Long Beach is courting the Los Angeles Angels with some waterfront property.
- MLB wanted to ban betting on spring training games. The Nevada Gaming Control Board has declined this request.
- Clayton Kershaw is still not feeling well after trying to play catch on Monday.
- Yusei Kikuchi made his debut on Monday and struck out Joey Votto in the process.
- Jon Lester says baseball is baseball (among other things in relation to the sport).
- Bud Black has a new 3-year contract extension with the Rockies.
- Apparently the Dodgers are back in on Bryce Harper (please make it end).
- Yasiel Puig basically admits what all the old baseball fans accused him of while he was in Los Angeles.