Happy Friday, everyone!
It’s a slow day and the main Tribe story comes from Deadspin, I know. But it’s a Mike Clevinger feature and it sounds ridiculous. So, here you go.
Around the league
- Dan Jennings will be in camp with the Angels on a minor league contract.
- Ryan Braun may be 35, but he’s looking forward to staying healthy and being a contributor for the Brewers in 2019.
- Manny Machado is officially a member of the San Diego Padres.
- Dustin Pedroia wants to get back on the diamond following his knee surgery.
- Brett Gardner wants to end the Yankees’ World Series drought. Yes, the poor Yankees haven’t won a World Series in ten whole years. The humanity!
- Nick Cafardo has passed away at age 62.
- This season, the Dodgers will wear a #36 patch to honor Don Newcombe.
- Nolan Arenado says what we’re all thinking in regards to the free agent market.
- It doesn’t look likely that Harper will land with the White Sox.
- Tim Kurkjian was burned:
Just now, I was preparing to show my press pass to the incredibly kind and friendly security man at the clubhouse door. He said, “I don’t need to see that, I know who you are, I’ve been reading you and watching you for years. It’s great to see you, Peter.”— Tim Kurkjian (@Kurkjian_ESPN) February 21, 2019