Happy Friday, everyone!
Love Tito’s optimism, but the Tribe medical staff put Lindor’s timetable at 7-9 weeks. At this point, the Cleveland medical staff shouldn’t get any benefit of the doubt when it comes to correctly diagnosing players. I would put money on Lindor being out more time, not less.
Yu Chang is probably on this list for the Tribe due to Lindor’s injury, which opens up some possibilities around the diamond. He’s not a permanent replacement for Lindor (yet), but maybe he could impress this spring and find himself in Cleveland come Opening Day.
Around the league
- Tommy T-bone” Giordano, longtime MLB scout, has passed away at the age of 93.
- Apparently, the Mets haven’t yet given Jacob deGrom an offer to extend him past 2020.
- Danny Farquhar is going to be rocking a protective cap this season.
- I’m so tired of Manny Machado news bites that don’t end with him signing with a team.
- Aaron Nola has a shiny new 4-year/$45 million deal with the Phillies.
- The Blue Jays aren’t exactly sure when Vladimir Guerrero Jr. will be called up.
- Add Max Scherzer to the list of players upset with the current free-agent market stagnation.
- Carson Fulmer is turning to Driveline Baseball to save his career.
- And the “best shape of my life!” memes have begun: