Happy Sunday, everyone!
ALCS Game 1: Yankees 7, Astros 0. Yankees lead series 1-0.
NLCS Game 2: Nationals 3, Cardinals 1. Nationals lead series 2-0.
- ALCS Game 2: Yankees @ Astros, 8:08 p.m. ET
Around the league
- Daniel Hudson talks about missing NLCS Game 1 to be with his wife for the birth of his daughter.
- The Cardinals believe that the baseballs in the postseason aren’t travelling as far.
- A PR employee for the Angels is claiming that the team knew about Skaggs’ use of oxycodone long before he passed away.
- David Freese has announced his retirement.
- Sean Doolittle has a message for people complaining about Hudson’s absence in Game 1 of the NLCS:
"If your reaction to someone having a baby is anything other than, 'Congratulations, I hope everybody's healthy!' you're an a**hole." -- Sean Doolittle on Daniel Hudson's paternity leave— Jared Diamond (@jareddiamond) October 12, 2019