The weather outside may be cold, but it isn’t as cold as the Indians’ transaction wire.
Like most teams, they did nothing yesterday. But there were some exceptions. But first, a couple links about the AL Central favorites that are comfortable with being only that:
• The Indians sport the 7th hardest-throwing rotation in baseball. But that doesn’t mean they are one-dimensional. With Corey Kluber, Trevor Bauer, Carlos Carrasco and Mike Clevinger all in the same dreamy rotation, it would be foolish to not use those beautiful, but in some cases hard to identify, breaking pitches.
• Jose Ramirez doesn’t move the GOAT needle.
• For some reason, the Blue Jays signed Freddy Galvis. And DFA’d Danny Barnes.
• For some reason, the Padres are also letting their overpriced first baseman make roster suggestions.
• For some reason, Neil Walker is now a Marlin.
• For some reason, the Diamondbacks did not reveal the length of their manager’s new extension.