Happy Tuesday, everyone!
With Cody Allen now in California, the Indians will need another arm to turn to at the end of games. Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your view), the Indians traded away Francisco Mejia and obtained Brad Hand last year. Hand is now positioned to take on the role of closer barring any major acquisitions.
As of now, neither Corey Kluber or Trevor Bauer have been traded, meaning that one of the top rotations in baseball is intact for another season. Now let’s stay healthy, gentlemen.
Around the league
- Shawn Kelley has a new 1-year deal with the Texas Rangers.
- Ryan Braun is doing what most older baseball players refuse to do, and that is use analytics to adjust his swing in the later years of his career.
- The Caribbean Series has a new home in Panama at Rod Carew Stadium.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia has called it a career after 12 years.
- It looks like Baseball Tonight won’t be a daily occurrence in 2019.
- Please let Bryce Harper announce his signing via video game tweet. Please, please let this happen: