Happy Friday, everyone!
I suppose so? But I’d be a bit disappointed if Melky Cabrera is the final piece to whatever puzzle the Cleveland front office is currently constructing.
This one is pretty easy for Cleveland fans.
Around the league
- The political unrest in Venezuela may impact the 2019 Caribbean Series if a new venue cannot be found.
- Adam Ottavino will be the first member of the New York Yankees to wear #0.
- A.J. Pollock is headed to the Dodgers with a 4-year deal with a fifth year as a player option.
- Brad Brach is headed to Chicago with a 1-year deal.
- MLB may be looking at bringing back the 15-day DL as well as increasing the amount of time that optioned players must remain in the minor leagues.
- Oh cool, let’s just teach all of the flamethrowers in the Yankee bullpen how to throw a cutter.
- Get well soon, Frank:
Best wishes to the great Frank Robinson, who is ailing. Robinson, 83, is the only man to win MVP in both leagues and was the first black manager. When he retired he ranked 4th alltime with 586 HR. He managed into his 70s and currently works as an adviser to Commissioner Manfred.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 24, 2019