Happy Tuesday, everyone!
After a scary battle with a life-threatening infection last season, Martin understands that the opportunity in front of him wasn’t always a certainty. Now he’s ready to get back on the field and make an impact with the Cleveland Indians.
With the departure of Michael Brantley and other veterans, there’s a fantastic chance for some young players to earn some serious playing time and make an impact in the Tribe outfield. If they will, however, is another questions entirely.
A player on the wrong side of 30 with a hefty contract and health/performance concerns doesn’t really seem like a prime trade candidate, come to think of it. Oh well, hopefully Kipnis just mashes with the Indians on the way to a world championship in 2019.
Around the league
- Kyle Murray didn’t just say he was headed to the NFL draft, he declared it.
- Derek Holland has signed with the Giants on a 1-year, $7 million dollar deal.
- The White Sox have supposedly offered Manny Machado a lot of money.
- Avisail Garcia and the Tampa Bay Rays have agreed on a 1-year, $3.5 million dollar contract.
- Mel Stottlemyre has died at the age of 77.