Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 9, Blue Jays 8
Sometimes one inning is all you need. For the Indians, that was yesterday when they scored 7 runs in the fifth inning behind Roberto Perez’s excellent day to get the win against the Blue Jays despite the bullpen’s best efforts.
Who am I to doubt the man? Let’s see what you got, Miller.
Francisco Lindor already has his name etched into some history books thanks to his, well, historic play at shortstop.
Around the league
- Jorge Lopez had a perfect game going until Max Kepler had to come in and ruin everything.
- Noah Syndergaard exited the game after taking a ball off the ribs.
- Ervin Santana received a plasma injection into his finger, but it’s unclear as to whether or not he will pitch again this season.
- Gregory Polanco, on the other hand, will miss the remainder of the season with injuries on his left knee and shoulder.
- The Phillies had quite a night:
The Phillies put 20 men on base tonight and still lost by 5 runs. Not an easy feat. Hasn't happened to a National League team in over 4 years.— Corey Seidman (@CSeidmanNBCS) September 9, 2018