Last night’s game was weird. Trevor Bauer and Carlos Carrasco pitched the whole thing after a 51-minute rain delay. The Indians outplayed the White Sox. Carrasco struck out the whole city of Chicago in relief. Somehow the Indians lost. Hopefully, they didn’t also lose their left fielder.
All indications are that Michael Brantley is fine, though. He was removed for precautionary reasons after fouling a ball off his calf. The word “calf” is one the 2018 Cleveland Indians do not want to hear, though. Hopefully this time it’s different, and the issue is minor and nothing to worry about.
Yan Gomes stayed hot at the plate, homering off James Shields.
Prior to the game, Mike Chernoff spoke with Jordan Bastian about the upcoming postseason.
• Max Scherzer reached 300 strikeouts on the season
• Blake Snell is getting even better and throwing even harder
• Christian Yelich further stated his MVP case
The crazy NL playoff picture
• Milwaukee defeated St. Louis 12-4 behind Ryan Braun and the aforementioned MVP.
• Arizona beat the Dodgers 4-3.
• Colorado blew out the Philadelphia Santanas 10-3. The game was so in hand that the Rockies were willing to put Bry Shaw on the mound.
• The Cubs got shut out at home against the Pirates. Aww, too bad.