Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 5, Rays 6
You know, even after the home plate umpire blew the call and Tommy Pham singled in the ninth, FanGraphs gave the Rays just a 9.7% chance of winning. So I’m sure that’s comforting to someone.
Hype is a four-letter word.
Hey, he got through a clean inning with a pair of strikeouts and his legs intact. What more could you ask for? Let the man do his work.
Wait...so the Yankees’ whining wasn’t indicative of a hard and fast truth? Color me shocked.
Around the league
- Aaron Judge is swinging the bat again but the pain still persists in his wrist.
- Justin Verlander got a rousing ovation from the Detroit faithful before he absolutely body slammed them.
- Jon Lester was dealing with back spasms and had to exit Monday night’s game early because of them.
- Albert Pujols is going to try and play first base some next year.
- Drew Smyly has been shut down for the remainder of the season.
- So Oakland has a pretty incredible bullpen.
- Best of luck to Kenley Jansen:
Jansen met with cardiologist that performed his heart surgery, on Thursday. He said it is 100% certain Jansen will have another surgery approximately 2 weeks after the season ends.— Alanna Rizzo (@alannarizzo) September 10, 2018