Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 3, Angels 0
Between Corey Kluber’s masterful performance, a defensive gem by Francisco Lindor, and a home run by Leonys Martin, this game had everything a Tribe fan could’ve hoped for.
Yan Gomes was pulled from Friday night’s game after aggravating his leg on a double. He’s hoping that it is minor enough to not warrant a trip to the DL.
Around the league
- Mike Scioscia will step down as the manager of the Angels at the conclusion of this season.
- Lance McCullers exited last night’s game early due to elbow discomfort.
- Bryce Harper may not play today after taking a pitch to the knee yesterday.
- The Astros had a team meeting to discuss what it was going to be like now that they are sharing a clubhouse with someone who’s recently been suspended due to assault.
- UMA Health, thanks to the efforts of the New York Mets, is trying to help get rid of the stigma around therapy.
- It must be frustrating being Jacob deGrom:
If the season ended today, Jacob deGrom would have a real chance to become the first starter ever to win the Cy Young with a losing record.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) August 4, 2018
15-5, 2.33 ERA
154.2 IP, 210 K, 0.91 WHIP
5.0 fWAR, 6.1 bWAR
5-7, 1.85 ERA
146.1 IP, 173 K, 0.97 WHIP
5.4 fWAR, 6.7 bWAR