Happy Friday, everyone!
Indians 5, Twins 3
LGT Recap | MLB Recap | Cleveland.com Recap | Box Score
Mike Clevinger had another stellar outing, and Jason Kipnis continued his hot streak with a game winning home run in the sixth inning. Solid win.
Thursday’s top prospect performers | MLB
Triston McKenzie is showing everyone why he’s the one of the top pitching prospects for the Cleveland Indians.
September moves that could impact AL Central | MLB
Unsurprisingly, the note for the Indians is to get their Cy Young caliber pitcher back in some capacity.
Cleveland Indians’ Jose Ramirez deals with unusual shift, while nearing 30-30 season | Cleveland.com
What’s a goat to do when there are four outfielders? Conventional knowledge would say bunt to the side of the field where there are literally no fielders.
Around the league
- Andrew McCutchen is a New York Yankee now.
- Giancarlo Stanton has now hit 300 career home runs.
- SUNDAY IS SHOTIME!!!
- The Red Sox don’t know when David Price is going to pitch again.
- A.J. Hinch has been extended by the Astros through 2022, and he’s committed to another championship.
- A very happy retirement to a very good boy:
Since 2008, Deuce has greeted fans in the Pro Shop, run the umpires fresh baseballs, and circled the bases after each Bird's win. Tonight, after 10 years, we celebrate the best known dog in Myrtle Beach and wish this very good boy a happy retirement.— Myrtle Beach Pelicans (@Pelicanbaseball) August 30, 2018
Thank you, Deuce. pic.twitter.com/fiBKxvr3yR