Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Inbox: How will Tribe’s ALDS ‘pen shape up? | MLB
Obviously Trevor Bauer is best used as an elite starting pitcher, but depending on the timeline for his recovery, he could find himself in the bullpen as the Tribe enters the ALDS. And if you take away the sting of not having him in the rotation, imagine what a weapon he would be out of the bullpen.
Cleveland Indians announce time changes for September games vs. Detroit, Boston | Cleveland.com
I’m assuming that the Indians will be in resting mode for both of these games and will have multiple starters out of the lineup in preparation for the playoffs.
Cleveland Indians: Talking to myself about Jason Kipnis — Terry Pluto | Cleveland.com
The “2018 Jason Kipnis” saga is a long one, one with many twists and turns and a lot of ups and downs (more downs than ups, if we’re being honest). For me personally, I’m hoping that Kipnis gets another shot to straighten out that World Series foul ball from 2016 sometime later this year.
Around the league
- Aaron Judge is improving but isn’t to the point of swinging a bat yet.
- Shohei Ohtani feels that he can pitch again this season after throwing a simulated game. I sincerely hope that he’s right.
- When Lance McCullers Jr. is back, it doesn’t look like he’ll be back in the rotation.
- Kendrys Morales’ home run streak ends at seven games.
- Noah Syndergaard is a bit upset with himself with how he’s been pitching recently.
- The Orioles are out here making history:
The @Orioles snapped an 8-game losing streak tonight.— Stats By STATS (@StatsBySTATS) August 28, 2018
They have now completed a "single-digit losing streak cycle" - at least one losing streak of exactly 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and 9 games.
Only 3 other AL teams have done this: the 1904 Senators, 1939 Browns, and 2003 Tigers.