Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 2, Orioles 4
The Cleveland offense was asleep at the wheel for most of the game, and a rough inning from Adam Plutko was all Baltimore needed to snap the Tribe’s six game win streak.
I hope some of the kids who played in that game see this article. Many of them probably look up to Lindor, and so I imagine it would be awesome to know that he was in their corner rooting them on.
On Saturday, Jim Thome became the eighth member of the Cleveland Indians to have his number retired by the team. Congratulations, Jim!
I was halfway through getting my pitchfork ready when I read through this article and found out that it Janet and not Hoynes making a ridiculous claim that the Indians are boring. In fact, Hoynes gave Janet the business for positing such a ridiculous notion. So, good job, Paul.
Regardless of what you think of Bauer personally, he’s entirely in the right here. Good on him for calling out MLB Network and ESPN for their asinine reporting.
Around the league
- Well well well. It looks like the Athletics have finally caught the Astros.
- The Dodgers lose on a balk-off.
- Chris Sale is back on the DL with a shoulder injury.
- Some notable players were absent from the 20th anniversary celebration of the 1998 World Series
- MLB players are giving great advice to players in the Little League World Series.
- Not that all players in the LLWS need advice, however: