Happy Friday, everyone!
Indians 5, Twins 4
LGT Recap | MLB Recap | Cleveland.com Recap | Box Score
Corey Kluber got four runs of support, which usually spells doom for opponents, but Kluber gave up a late home run to tie the game. Thankfully, the Tribe rallied in the ninth inning to walk off against the Twins for the second time in as many games.
Tribe places Martin (illness) on DL, recalls Allen | MLB
Taco Bell jokes aside, hopefully Martin’s illness is nothing serious and he gets well soon. No one really knows what’s going on, but hopefully we get some more information soon. In the meantime, I can’t stop watching and laughing at this tweet:
For anyone wondering where Leonys Martin is: pic.twitter.com/sLeihD7km5— Let's Go Tribe (@LetsGoTribe) August 8, 2018
Indians’ nicknames for Players’ Weekend | MLB
Having “Cookie” and “Melk Man” on the same team just markets itself.
Gateway approves Cleveland Indians’ $2.9 million request for renovations to Progressive Field | Cleveland.com
The club seating area is getting an overall in preparation for the 2019 All-Star Game.
Around the league
- Mookie Betts hit for the 21st cycle in Red Sox history.
- Felix Hernandez has been sent to the bullpen.
- Justin Verlander had a rough night on Thursday that ended in him getting tossed after the second inning.
- More importantly, Verlander opened up about his struggle with physical pain and depression and how his partner and his doctor helped him recover. Good for you, Justin.
- Kenley Jansen was sent to the hospital after having an irregular heartbeat.
- Fernando Rodney is on his way to Oakland.
- Jayson Werth doesn’t like “super nerds” who are ruining baseball.
- There are some incredible Players’ Weekend jerseys, including Brad Boxberger.
- Giancarlo Stanton hit a home run that broke the Statcast record.