It had been a while since the Indians traded prospects for prospects. They broke the drought on Tuesday. Jhon Torres and Conner Capel were sent to St. Louis, and in return the Indians add AAA center fielder Oscar Mercado. Mercado appears to be excellent defensively, and on the bases—when he is able to reach first.
They also landed CF Leonys Martin from Detroit, as has already been covered on this blog here.
They celebrated these moves in style, easily beating what is left of the Minnesota Twins. Minnesota’s top contributor Tuesday night was coin-flipping umpire CB Bucknor.
• The Rays landed Tommy Pham from the busy Cardinals.
• And sold Chris Archer to the Pirates for a cache of prospects
• The Mariners got Cam Maybin from the Marlins
• The Philadelphia Santanas upgraded at catcher, snagging Ramos from Tampa
• The Brewers defense became even messier, adding Jonathan Schoop in an expensive trade with Baltimore.
• Brian Dozier was dealt to the Dodgers.
• Kevin Gausman is now a Brave.
• Jake Diekman is a Diamondback.
• Brad Ziegler is too.
• The Mets lost to the Washington Nationals 25-4.
• Andrew Miller pitched a 2nd straight scoreless appearance.