Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 0, Pirates 7
Three rain delays that totaled up to more than the actual game itself, an ineffective Corey Kluber, unflattering defense, and an offense that couldn’t get going. A night to forget.
Could there be a light at the end of the tunnel for Andrew Miller? It seems that he may be back with the Cleveland Indians soon barring any setbacks.
Could Whit Merrifield be in Cleveland? How about Adam Jones? Nick Castellanos?
This very much feels like an MLB: The Show type exercise, but based on the crunched numbers, we could send Lindor and Ramirez to New York and receive Aaron Judge, Luis Severino, and Gleyber Torres. Or Mike Trout, Shohei Ohtani, and Andrelton Simmons.
Around the league
- In his major league debut, fourteen months after suffering a fractured skull from a line drive in Triple-A, Daniel Poncedeleon pitched an absolute gem.
- Gary Sanchez had a bad night.
- Chase Utley gets a standing ovation in Philadelphia.
- After all the hand wringing about playing shortstop, Manny Machado will play third base while Justin Turner is on the DL.
- Tim Tebow has suffered a broken hand.
- Don’t blame Mickey Callaway for the Mets’ issues, it goes further up the chain.
- Things are not good in Baltimore: