Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 16, Rangers 3
It’s hard to lose when you get 21 hits in a game. The Indians got strong starting pitching from Carlos Carrasco and Yonder Alonso hit a pair of home runs in the absolute destruction of the Rangers.
While going through hitting drills in Columbus, Bradley Zimmer started to feel pain in his right shoulder. Now, he’s had surgery to repair his labrum and will be out at least until the end of spring training next season and possibly longer. Get well soon, Bradley.
If you don’t love Francisco Lindor, wipe yourself off man, because you are dead.
A trade a year in the making ends with both the Indians and the Padres coming out on top.
Around the league
- Jeurys Familia has been traded to the Oakland Athletics.
- Mickey Callaway was not aware that Yoenis Cespedes may need surgery.
- Tim Tebow is on the DL with a hand injury.
- Josh Hader was greeted to thunderous applause when he entered Saturday Night’s game at Miller Park.
- A new attendance record was set at the Oakland Coliseum:
A's announced attendance of 56,310 is a Coliseum record.— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) July 22, 2018
Tonight’s Oakland A’s game is sold out. Attendance is projected to be the largest A’s game in Oakland Coliseum history. Tonight will be the largest single-game crowd in @MLB this season. Walk-up tickets will not be available for tonight’s game. pic.twitter.com/PIablPAb1r— Oakland Athletics ⚾️ (@Athletics) July 21, 2018