Happy All-Star day, everyone!
When you have an OPS of 1.598 in a week, it’s hard not to be recognized. Jose Ramirez earns his third ever Player of the Week honors (first this season).
The Indians send six players to the All-Star Game, tied for most in baseball with the Astros.
Despite the festivities of the All-Star break, the Cleveland Indians will be looking to improve their team as the trade deadline approaches. Here are some ideas on who the team may benefit by pursuing.
Around the league
- Bryce Harper won the Home Run Derby in front of the home crowd with an explosive comeback in the final round.
- Jacob deGrom’s agent believes that he should be traded if the Mets aren’t willing to lock him up long term.
- Max Scherzer and Chris Sale will be the starting pitchers for the All-Star Game.
- Yadier Molina is open to being a player-manager during his last year with St. Louis.
- Justin Verlander is not a fan of the DH.
- It seems like at least one more team is out of the running for Manny Machado.
- Zack Greinke would not be a fan of Matt’s idea:
Zack Greinke called the “opener” strategy a “sideshow.” “It’s bad for baseball.”— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) July 16, 2018