Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 4, Yankees 5
The comeback was almost complete until some errors gave way to an inside-the-park “home run” by Andrew Romine.
While it’s amazing that Yan Gomes is making his first All-Star Game in his career, telling him over the loudspeakers as he’s coming to bat in the bottom of the ninth inning is probably not the best way to do so.
Not only is Mike Clevinger a cool dad and a fantastic pitcher, he may now be rivaling Francisco Lindor as my girlfriend’s favorite player on the Cleveland Indians.
I can’t claim to know all of the nuances and intricacies in the relationship between the Cleveland Indians organization and Francisco Mejia, but my gut reaction is that if Mejia wants to be on the major league squad as soon as possible, it would be better to take the job as it currently is and work on refining it to his exact preferences later.
Around the league
- The Cardinals have fired manager Mike Matheny.
- The list of potential landing spots for Manny Machado has gotten smaller.
- Dave Martinez was not happy with Bryce Harper after he jogged to first base.
- Michael Fulmer had a few critiques of Pat Hoberg’s strike zone.
- There’s a lot to like about this year’s Futures Game.
- Frank Thomas says his “career was stepped on”.