Happy Friday, everyone!
Indians 4, Yankees 7
What promised to be a pitcher’s duel at the outset turned into a slugfest as both Corey Kluber and Luis Severino got battered around. The Yankees ultimately came out on top when they wore down Corey Kluber and eventually landed the knockout punch in the eighth inning.
I’m sure that when you think of the Cleveland Indian who has the most home runs before the All-Star break, you think immediately of Jose Ramirez, right? Well you should.
Around the league
- Garrett Richards is out for the rest of the year for Tommy John surgery.
- James Paxton only throws seventeen pitches before being pulled due to a sore back.
- Remember that rule everyone was upset about before the season began? The one about starting extra innings with a base runner on second? It’s apparently gaining popularity in the minors.
- Albert Pujols has matched Ken Griffey Jr. in home runs.
- Zack Greinke will replace Jon Lester on the All-Star roster. He pulled a Farnsworth when announcing the news:
Zack Greinke just walked in the clubhouse and said "Big news everybody!" and then walked to his locker.— Zach Buchanan (@ZHBuchanan) July 12, 2018
Torey Lovullo followed to say that Greinke is replacing Jon Lester on the NL All-Star team.