Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 5, Reds 7
A game that was already lost got somehow worse when Cleveland found a way to fight back into the game in the bottom of the ninth only to fall just short thanks to some Josh Tomlin shenanigans in the top half of the inning. But the fight back was admirable and hopefully bodes well for future endeavors.
There should be no doubters remaining in terms of whether or not the Indians should have picked up Brantley this past offseason. No front office is perfect, but they made the right move in sticking with Brantley despite his previous injuries.
Naquin definitely made a case for catch of the year with his brilliant play on Monday night.
It took 62 years for a Cleveland shortstop to replicate what Carrasquel did back in 1956, and my favorite part of the story is that both instances came against Kansas City.
At first I thought this was silly seeing as LeBron never played for the RubberDucks, but then I remembered where LeBron is from and quietly punched myself in the face for my ignorance.
Around the league
- Yasiel Puig has strained his oblique and is on the DL.
- Chris Archer has a message for MLB players who did not vote for Blake Snell.
- Buster Posey will not be appearing at the All-Star Game due to a hip injury.
- Max Muncy will compete in the home run derby as he tries to win a spot on the All-Star team via the final vote.
- It looks like the Yankees may be interested in getting Manny Machado in pinstripes.
- MLB needs to step in and help fix some of the issues plaguing baseball in the Dominican Republic.
- Mickey Callaway says his preemptive call to the bullpen was done intentionally.