Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 2, Athletics 7
I didn’t actually get to see yesterday’s game, but based on the reading I’ve done online, it seems like it was a game worth missing.
I sure hope they find something hiding in his arm that will allow him to pitch again.
Thanks to an awful division, the Indians are actually in pretty good shape. But that doesn’t mean there isn’t room to improve by the trade deadline.
Around the league
- Alright, maybe pitchers hitting isn’t so bad after all.
- A nasty heat wave in Chicago caused Eddie Rosario, Bobby Wilson, and Max Kepler to exit the game prematurely due to heat illness.
- Vince Velasquez was hit by a line drive. Thankfully, the X-rays show no serious injury.
- John Lamb will undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Jon Gray has gone from Opening Day starter to AAA starter.
- Juan Soto is mashing but he’s not on the All-Star ballot. Hopefully Dave Roberts will pick him up.
- June was not kind to either the Mets or the Orioles:
The Mets finish June with a 5-21 record. That’s the worst June in the history of the franchise.— Steve Gelbs (@SteveGelbs) June 30, 2018
They’ve now lost 12 consecutive series.
June is over.— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) July 1, 2018
The Orioles finish the month with 0 wins against American League teams. Zero!
The Orioles last win against an AL team was May 25th.
The Orioles are probably not going to make the Postseason.