Happy Friday, everyone!
It’s hard to get worse than the 8.01 ERA that the Cleveland bullpen produced in May, but any forward progress is good.
Trevor Bauer is in the midst of his best season to date, and an All-Star appearance is not out of the question for the dominant righty.
Expect Commander Cody to etch his name into the Cleveland history books very soon.
Around the league
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has hit the DL with a leg injury.
- The Rangers have signed an extension with GM Jon Daniels.
- Chris Davis may make MLB history and not in the good way.
- Super reliever Zach Britton may be back with the Orioles next week.
- Carlos Correa doesn’t appear to be dealing with a major injury.
- Aaron Laffey’s most recent appearance in Triple-A ended up being his last.
- The newest rotation additions for the Cubs have not been good.
- Looks like Corey Kluber has some competition:
Mike Leake just walked his first batter in six game-stretch, went 140 straight batters without a walk. That breaks Corey Kluber's MLB high this season of 139.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) June 8, 2018