Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 0, Cardinals 4
The rain came and the Cleveland bats vanished. After a lengthy two hour rain delay, the Indians managed just four hits off of Cardinals pitching on Monday night to end their winning streak and take a loss in game 1 of this series.
Carrasco hit the DL on June 16 after getting hit by a comeback liner on the arm. After his bullpen session on Monday, however, he said that he’s feeling good and it feels back to normal. All great signs so far in the recovery process for Cookie.
Yan Gomes has bee solid at the plate this season, and simplifying his approach has been a big contributing factor. He’s also put himself in better positions to take better swings and utilize his bat speed, according to Tito.
Hankins was always going to be tough to sign, and that signing just got a little tougher as Ethan Hankins has signed with a community college in Florida.
The Indians’ rotation has been a monster for opponents this past month, and it’s been thanks in large part to the emergence of Trevor Bauer.
Around the league
- Edwin Jackson has now pitched for 13 different MLB clubs.
- Brandon Ninmo injured his right pinkie.
- Yu Darvish has made a rehab start for Class A South Bend, be he reportedly felt sore in his triceps after the outing.
- We keep saying it, but Mike Trout is really, really good.
- Things are not going well for LGFT Mickey Callaway, but he’s got a good sense of humor about it I suppose:
Callaway will consider another bullpen game in the future if needed: "Other than the seven homers, we did OK. I think that the gameplan was to try to keep us in the game and give us a chance to win if we didn’t have a starter and those guys did that."— Laura Albanese (@AlbaneseLaura) June 25, 2018