Happy Friday, everyone!
Indians 2, Astros 8
Clevinger looked to have another dominant outing but struggled in the middle innings. A 5-run sixth inning ultimately doomed the Tribe to an 8-2 loss in the series opener against the Astros.
The lone offense for Cleveland came in the third inning when Michael Brantley hit a sharp hit up the middle to score two runs and give the Tribe an early lead. Brantley currently holds the longest hit streak in MLB at 13 games.
Did you know that Gerrit Cole and Trevor Bauer did not get along at UCLA? Well you’ll keep hearing about it up through Sunday’s game if you haven’t, so don’t worry.
Around the league
- The Astros’ pitching staff has been historically good.
- How does the NFL’s new policy on players kneeling impact MLB?
- The AL Central is hot, hot garbage.
- Welington Castillo has been suspended 80 games for PED usage.
- The Mariners will stay at Safeco Field through 2049.
- Carlos Rodon was hit by a line drive in his rehab start.
- Nike is taking over MLB uniforms beginning in 2020.
- The Angels are pushing back Shohei Ohtani’s next start to help manage his workload.