Well, that was the Tribe’s best performance in a while. Last night, the Indians defeated the Cubs by a 10-1 score. The Twins beat the Tigers again to stay a game out of first.
Tyler Chatwood entered his appointment with Lindor Brantley Ramirez sporting a 7.12 BB/9 and 6.3 H/9 and, yes, that was how he pitched. Things got so bad that Joe Maddon didn’t even trust him to face Trevor Bauer. If you’re wondering how the Tribe scored 10 runs on 11 hits, they also drew 10 walks and raised Chatwood’s BB/9 even further. Everybody got in on the party except for Roberto Perez, who should probably be in AAA.
Perez did call 8 scoreless innings, but had a rough night with the bat and with the glove. The scoreless game ended in the 9th when Josh Tomlin was brought in to pitch BP to the Cubs.
• The Indians have already used more relief pitchers than they did in 2017.
• LGFT Joel Hammond stopped by LGT yesterday to share some 2016 memories.
• Blake Treinen is pitching very well for the Athletics.
• The Mets signed Jose Bautista. Mickey Callaway will have him throwing a 96 mph cutter out of the pen by July.
• BIG NEWS: The Twins acquired Chris Carter.
• The entire NL has less bad than our division.
• This is not Carlos Gonzalez.