Happy Sunday, everyone!
Indians 5, Astros 4
Corey Kluber was incredble once again and the offense knocked Dallas Keuchel around for an inning. The bullpen came along for the ride and wasn’t as good as they could’ve been, but they didn’t fully implode, so I suppose that it’s progress?
Andrew Miller just came off the DL after dealing with hamstring issues for a few weeks, and he’s now been sidelined for a couple of games with some back tightness. Miller hopes he’ll be able to pitch on Sunday and that the injury is just temporary. Please come back healthy, Andrew.
This very much feels like a couple of parents talking about the silly things that their kids do. Good on Tito and Hinch for dealing with the whole situation with professionalism and respect.
Plutko’s encore performance will come this next week at Wrigley Field. Hopefully he continues to showcase why he should be the fifth starter going forward.
If you need a pick-me-up today, read this awesome story.
Around the league
- The next era of superstar shortstops is here in the AL.
- Rich Hill threw two pitches on Saturday before being removed due to a blister.
- Howie Kendrick is out for the year with a torn Achilles.
- The Cubs and the Reds cleared the benches on Saturday.
- Ji-hwan Bae has returned to South Korea following allegations that he physically assaulted his ex-girlfriend.
- Bryce Harper was sporting some nifty glasses after having issues with his contacts.