Tuesday night featured another crazy ballgame between the Indians and Rangers. Mike Clevinger was excellent again. No decision. The Indians offense did nothing against Doug Fister again. No decision for him too. The umpiring crew missed a hundred calls again. The umpiring crew also didn’t know what they could and could not review.
Every Rangers outfielder turned into Byron Buxton when the Indians were at the plate again. Every Rangers infielder turned into Brandon Crawford again. Every Rangers pitcher fielded like Jake Westbrook.
Edwin hit a baseball 112.2 MPH that went for an out. Tyler hit a baseball 109.5 MPH that went for an out. Bradley hit one 109 MPH, which meant that not even his speed could beat out the double play it went for. Gomes, 104.9? Groundout.
Michael Brantley, though. 101.2 off the bat, with the bases loaded. Over the fence. To tie the game at 6. This just meant extra innings for the Indians bullpen that is really struggling to limit hard contact. Nicholas Goody had to go longer than desired, with Zachary Taylor McAllister completely unusable right now, and that meant Joey Gallo and Isiah Kiner-Falefa had somebody to tee off against. Ballgame.
• Trevor Bauer is looking for trouble on the Internet again.
• The Indians promoted Shane Bieber from AA to AAA.
• The Braves now have the 3 youngest players in baseball.
• Major League Baseball just became less watchable. The Brewers promoted Wade Miley to the big leagues.
• Mark Trumbo was activated off the disabled list.