Bradley Zimmer has been out since 1962 with a bruised chest but was just placed on the disabled list last night. Neil Ramirez, pictured above, was called up to take his spot on the 25-man roster. And Ryan Merritt was moved to the 60-day DL to make room on the 40-man.
You didn’t really expect the Indians to win on a Tuesday, did you? Even an 8-3 lead shouldn’t have gotten your hopes up, with Josh Tomlin and an awful† bullpen behind him ready to get to work on what they do best.
That 8-3 lead was powered by a Brandon Guyer grand slam and oh screw it I don’t have the energy for this sh—
• Kuldeep and Russell are pushing KKR closer to the playoffs.
• Todd Astle is going to be playing for New Zealand for the first time.
• Harmanpreet and Mandhana are this year’s women’s T20 captains. Their mixtape was fire, too.
• Steven Lynch tells us how many super overs there have been in the IPL.
• Clint Frazier, acquired from Cleveland for that guy who should be on a minor league rehab assignment, was promoted by the Yankees.
• Robinson Cano has been suspended 80 games and it will cost him more than 80 dollars.
• Jordan Lyles, who debuted at age 20 in 2011 and has never posted an ERA+ above 100 until this year, pitched 7 perfect innings for San Diego. But not 8.
• Terry Francona always has the Indians near the top of the Major Leagues in bunting attempts, and this year has been no exception
† You’ll have to settle for that word; new ones have not been invented yet that can accurately describe the worst group of baseball players to ever step onto a field