Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 3, Tigers 6
Oh look, another quality start dismantled thanks to a late inning bullpen implosion. Where have I seen this before?
Unless you’re in the state of Ohio, you probably aren’t aware of the greatness that is Jose Ramirez. Folks at LGT are well aware of the power of the Angry Hamster, but the world must know. Tell your friends and family.
I’d like to see Clevinger and Zobrist lead the charge against MLB since the league has chosen this stupid hill to die on.
For the second week in a row, Francisco Lindor was the best player in the AL. He shared honors this week with James Paxton, but no one rivaled Lindor on offense this week.
The longer Tito puts this decision off, the more inevitable a trip to the DL seems for Bradley Zimmer.
Ramirez is now tied with Bryce Harper, Ozzie Albies, Mookie Betts, and Manny Machado.
Around the league
- A.J. Pollock dove to catch a ball that turned into an inside-the-park home run and he injured his thumb.
- Keynan Middleton has hit the DL with a UCL injury.
- Alen Hanson joins fellow Giants second baseman Joe Panik on the DL.
- The best hitter on the Tigers currently, Jeimer Candelario, hit the DL with tendinitis in his left wrist.
- Legal sports betting may be on the way after a Supreme Court decision overturns the federal ban.
- If you weren’t on the Ohtani bandwagon before, you should be now:
Just when you thought you'd seen all of the stories about the amazing feats of Shohei Ohtani, a reader just pointed out to me that he's the only one who spits his sunflower seeds into a cup instead of on the floor.— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) May 15, 2018