Happy Mother’s Day, everyone!
Indians 6, Royals 2
Francisco Lindor & Michael Brantley: 7-for-8, 6 R, 4 RBI, 0 BB, 0 K, 3 2B, 2 HR
Rest of lineup: 2-for-25, 0 R, 2 RBI, 9 K, 3 BB
Mike Clevinger was great as well.
On the same day that Bradley Zimmer was a late scratch from the starting lineup, Tyler Naquin hit the DL for a hamstring strain he sustained in Friday night’s game. Can you imagine what the outfield would look like if, in addition to these two injuries, Michael Brantley was also playing poorly?
Mike Clevinger is not phased by your stupid, archaic, bullshit rules, Manfred.
Around the league
- Speaking of stupid shoe rules, Ben Zobrist is the latest victim of the league’s restrictive shoe policy.
- Chase Headley and his $13 million dollar contract have been DFA’d.
- David Price seems to be fine after his carpal tunnel diagnosis.
- The Cubs inadvertently took out a Twitter user.
- Mama Puig wants a home run to celebrate Mother’s Day.
- Jonny Venters is enjoying his emotional return to the majors.
- For some reason, Mike Trout hasn’t been MLB Player of the Week in forever:
Mike Trout is slashing .307/.434/.587 in the 382 games he has played since his last Player of the Week award on July 12, 2015.— Jim Passon (@PassonJim) May 12, 2018