Happy Friday, everyone!
I need an adult. This is not okay.
Jason Kipnis and Yonder Alonso are both candidates for some positive regression as the season unfolds over the next couple of months.
Mike Clevinger has been phenomenal so far in 2018. 45.2 IP, 14 ER, 14 BB, 39 K, 166 ERA+. Yet because he is in the same rotation as Corey Kluber and Carlos Carrasco, many folks haven’t noticed. Well, notice now.
Andrew Miller has been out since April 26 with a hamstring injury. While it seems that his hammy is better now, he wants to make sure he’s at 100%.
Around the league
- Evan Longoria is on board with the Rays eventually leaving Tampa Bay.
- David Price says that Fortnite has not been the cause of his carpal tunnel.
- Yankee fans reach out to nab a home run ball and may have inadvertently prevented Aaron Judge from catching said ball.
- A new team is interested in LeBron James.
- Matt Harvey is with the Reds now, and he will be starting soon:
Matt Harvey will start one of the games in this series. The player he is replacing hasn’t been told, so the day hasn’t been announced. That should happen shortly— C. Trent Rosecrans (@ctrent) May 10, 2018