Happy Tuesday, everyone! Here’s to a fantastic week!
Rangers 5, Indians 7
This game had all the makings of another heart breaker. Trevor Bauer notched a season-high 11 strikeouts in 6.2 innings and gave up 2 runs. But then, something magical happened: the offense came in clutch with 4 runs in the eighth inning, enough to get the win in the series opener. More of this please.
Yonder Alonso takes care of his bats in a Pedro Cerrano-inspired ritual (with less rum).
Plutko has done incredible for the Columbus Clippers so far in 2018, and his success has earned him a spot start for the Cleveland Indians this upcoming Thursday during the double header against the Blue Jays.
Around the league
- Corey Seager is out for the rest of the season to undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Joe Panik will be out for six weeks after his thumb surgery.
- Josh Hader made history on Monday night with his eight strikeouts.
- Mike Moustakas had to exit Monday’s game after being hit by a pitch.
- Sonny Gray is going to have a personal catcher in Austin Romine.
- A Pirates fan had to remove his shirt that was critical of owner Bob Nutting.
- And you thought Aaron Judge struck out a lot?