Happy Sunday, folks!
Royals 1, Indians 0
Let’s Go Tribe Recap | MLB Recap | Cleveland.com Recap | Box Score
One run was the allotted number because the conditions were such that it was too painful for the Indians or Royals to put forth the extra effort to score more.
What are you even getting at, Hoynes?
Chisenhall likely needs DL stint for calf injury | MLB
Lonnie Chisenhall was chasing down a fly ball when he injured his right calf. He was removed from the game in the second inning and it’s likely that Tyler Naquin will replace him on the roster for the time being.
The Indians celebrated Yonder Alonso’s birthday by bringing a mariachi band to the clubhouse | MLB
What a fantastic way to welcome the new guy to the team. Happy birthday, Yonder!
Indians injury notes: Salazar, Urshela on mend | MLB
A healthy Danny Salazar would go a long way towards replacing Josh Tomlin in the rotation. And Giovanny Urshela being healthy would be good because...he’d be healthy? I don’t necessarily see him bumping anyone off of the roster when he’s activated from the DL.
Cleveland Indians’ Trevor Bauer says he felt ‘rushed,’ takes shot at MLB’s pace-of-play rules | Cleveland.com
It’s nice to hear a player calling out the stupid pace of play rules that Manfred has put in place.
Around the league
- F*** that infield pop-up, right Hosmer?
- Andrew McCutchen had a big day at the plate yesterday with six hits, the last of which was a 3-run walk-off home run in the 14th inning.
- Dave Martinez got ejected for the first time as manager of the Nationals after sticking up for Anthony Rendon, who had just gotten ejected for...reasons? Who knows. #UmpShow2018
- We all know that the Marlins aren’t good. But who could’ve predicted that they would be “lose by a score of 20-1” bad.
- CC Sabathia and Brandon Drury have both hit the DL.
- The Marlins’ social media manager is probably fired:
Derek Dietrich and the Marlins are #JustGettinStarted, leading off with a single and coming around to score. Miami goes up 1-0 in the 1st. #JuntosMiami pic.twitter.com/i0vN14P7Hd— Miami Marlins (@Marlins) April 7, 2018
Hi there, we’re still here.— Miami Marlins (@Marlins) April 8, 2018
But let’s get real, our tweets aren’t going to help.
- One last tweet dumping on the Marlins:
Shohei Ohtani has hit more home runs in his 18 ABs than the Marlins have in their 273.— clarkspencer (@clarkspencer) April 7, 2018
- And finally, congratulations to *sobs* LGFT Carlos Santana:
Carlos Santana's three-run homer is his 1,000th career hit. Phillies are up 16-1 in the fourth inning.— Matt Breen (@matt_breen) April 8, 2018