Yesterday was an off day for the Tribe after their less than stellar west coast trip. Today, they suit up at Progressive Field for the first time in 2018 in front of a freezing, sold out crowd.
You can say a lot about Trevor Bauer (and since this is the internet, most people do), but you can’t deny that he puts in countless hours of intense work, both physically and mentally, to hone his craft.
Between the AL Central pennant raising, the presentation of awards to three members of the team and the first pitch, there are a lot of enjoyable activities to take part in tomorrow before the home opener at 4:10 p.m.
Around the league
- Corey Knebel is heading to the DL and will get an MRI on his hamstring.
- Gabe Kapler got a well deserved reception at the Phillies home opener.
- James Paxton is now an honorary American.
- Adrian Beltre is now the all-time hits leader among Latin born MLB players.
- We all saw it in person, but Shohei Ohtani has really been incredible in his first week at the MLB level.