The Indians were completely demolished last night. Josh Tomlin started the game, and pitched an exaggerated version of the Bad Tomlin Starts that we know and do not love. He threw 44 pitches in the first inning! He allowed 4 #dingers! Tito kept sending him back out for more! He kept giving up more! The bullpen wasn't much better!
Jose Ramirez did pick up his first hit of the season, a first-inning #dinger that gave the Indians the shortest of short-lived leads. It was his second ball hit over a wall this season; the first was caught by Ichiro.
One of Tomlin's gopherballs was hit by Mike Trout. One of the others was hit by Angels SP/DH Shohei Ohtani. It was the first of his career, and came with 2 men on base (would have been 3, if not for a wild pitch). He didn't stop hitting there, adding a couple more hits in what will surely be a game that will be remembered for a long time.
• Nelson Cruz was placed on the DL.
• The Mets Injury Siren has hit Anthony Swarzak.
• But Mickey Callaway has renewed NYM fan excitement.
• More 4-man outfields might be coming in the future, especially for these players.
• Cubs and Reds did not play baseball yesterday.
• The Milwaukee Fagerstroms beat the Cardinals with back to back homers.