Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 6, Angels 0
A weird inside the park home run by Edwin Encarnacion and a solid start by Mike Clevinger highlighted a dominant Tribe 6-0 victory in game one against the Angels.
It’s been a tough couple of years for Dr. Smooth, but Brantley may finally be back with the Cleveland Indians this coming Friday for the first time since the final game of the regular season last year.
The young outfielder has some advanced skills at the plate, and Jones should take another big step in his development this season.
Around the league
- Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs on their new National League record!
- Carlos Correa is day-to-day with a toe injury.
- Dexter Fowler had tweeted out a mantra about getting a hit and he delivered on Monday night. Jose Ramirez, on the other hand, is still looking for his first hit of 2018.
- The Tigers are saying that MLB got the call wrong last Friday.
- The Astros tried to unveil their World Series banner and hit a bit of a snag.
- Some tweets about the inside the park Edwing:
HOLY SHIT EDWIN— Let's Go Tribe (@LetsGoTribe) April 3, 2018
The face of a man who's happy to celebrate with teammates but is also desperate for oxygen pic.twitter.com/80hIKScads— Let's Go Tribe (@LetsGoTribe) April 3, 2018