Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Indians 6, Angels 0
Let’s Go Tribe Recap | MLB Recap | Cleveland.com Recap | Box Score
A weird inside the park home run by Edwin Encarnacion and a solid start by Mike Clevinger highlighted a dominant Tribe 6-0 victory in game one against the Angels.
Brantley could return for Indians’ home opener | MLB
It’s been a tough couple of years for Dr. Smooth, but Brantley may finally be back with the Cleveland Indians this coming Friday for the first time since the final game of the regular season last year.
Jones is Indians’ top breakout prospect for ‘18 | MLB
The young outfielder has some advanced skills at the plate, and Jones should take another big step in his development this season.
Around the league
- Congratulations to the Chicago Cubs on their new National League record!
- Carlos Correa is day-to-day with a toe injury.
- Dexter Fowler had tweeted out a mantra about getting a hit and he delivered on Monday night. Jose Ramirez, on the other hand, is still looking for his first hit of 2018.
- The Tigers are saying that MLB got the call wrong last Friday.
- The Astros tried to unveil their World Series banner and hit a bit of a snag.
- Some tweets about the inside the park Edwing:
My favorite part of inside the park #Edwing is that the hit probability for a ball w/ 91.9 mph exit velocity, 43 degree launch angle, hit 313 feet is 1%.— chris davies (@chris_d_davies) April 3, 2018
HOLY SHIT EDWIN— Let's Go Tribe (@LetsGoTribe) April 3, 2018
It's amazing how much faster you move once that "Hey Mario, you're running out of time" music comes on... #RallyTogether pic.twitter.com/fiNDHNIWCv— Always The Jake (@alwaysthejake) April 3, 2018
The face of a man who's happy to celebrate with teammates but is also desperate for oxygen pic.twitter.com/80hIKScads— Let's Go Tribe (@LetsGoTribe) April 3, 2018
April 3, 2018