Happy Sunday, everyone!
Mariners 5, Indians 4
This one was all kinds of bad.
Lonnie Chisenhall hasn’t played in a game since April 7 when he was removed mid-game with a calf injury. He’s been trying to recover as fast as possible, and it looks like he has now been cleared to throw and hit off a tee.
It definitely helps that Brantley is one of the consistently good hitters on the team right now. But it would be nice if some of his hitting translated to some of his teammates in some sort of Space Jam type ball ritual.
Around the league
- Marcus Stroman has not been good this season.
- Mike Trout continues to get better.
- Is Ohtani going to pitch a no-hitter or hit for the cycle first? Or both? Or neither?
- Pablo Sandoval can still play a position adequately.
- The Diamondbacks are off to a historic start.
- Puig’s x-rays on his foot came back negative after he was removed from the game yesterday after slamming into the right field wall.
- Salvador Perez doesn’t like when non-World Series teams try to have fun: