Happy Friday, everyone!
Tigers 3, Indians 9
Trevor Bauer rocked again and the bats exploded for 15 hits and 9 runs to complete the their first sweep of the season. Also a fun fact, dating back to last season, this marked Cleveland’s 11th straight victory against the Tigers. Oh how the turntables.
Not sure how I missed this one the other day, but this is an excellent piece from Craig Edwards over at FanGraphs on why Corey Kluber is the best pitcher in baseball. And yes, he realizes that Clayton Kershaw is still a pitcher in MLB.
Around the league
- Joe Mauer got his 2000th career hit on Thursday against the White Sox.
- The Padres hope that fighting the Rockies the other day will show that they aren’t pushovers.
- Many focused on Tyler Austin and Joe Kelly, but Phil Nevin was more focused on the dismissive gesture from Alex Cora.
- The Nationals have signed LGFT Mark Reynolds to a minor league deal.
- The Marlins are claiming that they (the team itself) is a citizen of the British Virgin Islands.
- Shohei Ohtani hit a bases clearing triple on Thursday night. Don’t forget, the man also has 80-grade speed.
- And you thought the attendance in Cleveland was bad: