Happy Thursday, everyone!
Tigers 1, Indians 5
Let’s Go Tribe Recap | MLB Recap | Cleveland.com Recap | Box Score
Carlos Carrasco threw his first complete game in Progressive Field and limited
the Tigers Leonys Martin to just three hits. Pair that with the Tribe’s ten hits and five runs and you have Cleveland’s fourth consecutive victory. They go for the sweep later today.
“It’s going to get better.” A Q&A with Indians hitting coach Ty Van Burkleo | MLB
Ty Van Burkleo has been the whipping boy of online Cleveland fans for years every time that the team hits an offensive snag. But VanBo (Tito’s nickname, not mine) doesn’t seem worried and thinks that the experience and the approach that the team has will lead to better results.
Detroit Tigers pitcher Jordan Zimmermann exits after being struck by Jason Kipnis line drive | Cleveland.com
A scary scenario happened on Wednesday night when Jordan Zimmermann collapsed on the mound after being struck in the face by a 106 mph line drive. Thankfully, he was able to get up and walk off the field with his own strength and passed through concussion protocol.
Betting against Josh Tomlin? It’s a fool’s gambit, Cleveland Indians say | Cleveland.com
Love him or hate him, Josh Tomlin is a prototypical #5 starter. He has a greater chance of blowing up than say, Corey Kluber, but he can also toss a quality start here and there.
Around the league
- Benches cleared not once, but twice in the Yankees/Red Sox game on Wednesday night.
- David Price left Wednesday’s game in the first inning after he experienced numbness in his left hand.
- There was also a brawl between the Rockies and the Padres which resulted in five ejections.
- Elvis Andrus was hit with a pitch on Wednesday night and has sustained a broken elbow.
- Travis d’Arnaud has a partial UCL tear and will head to the DL and will potentially need Tommy John surgery.
- Good to see that Jordan Zimmermman is seemingly doing okay:
Thanks for all the love everyone. All good! See ya in five days #dodgedabullet #notreally— Jordan Zimmermann (@JZimmermann27) April 12, 2018