Before we get to Kluber, let's discuss the Indians' win last night.
The Tribe continued their run of playing baseball games that have little to no action, winning 2-1 over Detroit. The Tigers flashed their 100-loss potential by managing to not score a run off of Josh Tomlin, even given constant opportunities.
Roberto Perez and Jason Kipnis were involved on a poor defensive play that allowed Detroit to score their run, but both more than made up for it shortly after. Kipnis made a pair of fine plays at second base, and 'Berto hit the game winning homer in the 8th inning. [Full LGT recap]
• It was Kluber's birthday yesterday, and the Indians celebrated, but not with too much excitement.
• Mickey Callaway's Mets are off to the best start in franchise history.
• The Royals placed Alex Gordon on the DL with an "injury" and added LGFT Abe Almonte to replace him. Best wishes to Almonte, who definitely belongs in the bigs, IMO. Hopefully he does lots of nice things in blowout Royals losses.
• Texas placed Rougned Odor & Douglas Fister on the disabled list.
• Yadier Molina and Torey Lovullo were each suspended one game.
• The Astros didn't have enough pitching, so this offseason, the Pirates traded them another ace, likely for next to nothing.
• Derek Jeter has seemingly made the Marlins even more of a laughingstock.
• Masahiro Tanaka isn't throwing many fastballs.