Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Tigers 0, Indians 2
Like Roland Deschain in the town of Tull, Corey Kluber mowed down everyone in his path on Monday night and left none standing after he was through. His 13 K, 8.0 inning affair, coupled with Bradley Zimmer’s timely two-run home run, gave the Indians their fifth victory of the season.
Josh Tomlin supposedly had a back issue last week when he imploded against the Angels. With some rotation shuffling, Tito was able to give his gritty vet some extra rest in hopes that he can return to something resembling a passable starting pitcher.
On Monday night, Corey Kluber and Max Scherzer showed why they are the best at what they do. And they made history along the way.
The short answer: no. The long answer: noooooooooooooooooooooooo,
Around the league
- Felipe Rivero is now Felipe Vazquez.
- Mark McGwire says he could’ve hit 70 home runs without PEDs.
- JC Ramirez will likely undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Jeff Passan owns up and says he was wrong about Shohei Ohtani.
- Speaking of Ohtani:
In his first full week in the majors, Shohei Ohtani is the American League player of the week. #Angels— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) April 9, 2018
- Ohtani is not impressed with MLB (note: see website title for clarification).