Happy Tuesday, everyone! Here’s to a fantastic, injury-free week!
Indians 1, Dodgers 8
Mike Clevinger and Andrew Miller were brilliant and Yonder Alonso drove in a run with a double in the first inning, but the Dodgers feasted on the other Tribe pitchers and came away with an 8-1 victory.
You can never have too much pitching on a team. Tito believes the same in terms of catchers and shortstops. And I’m guessing bubble gum and scooter insurance.
Thanks to some injuries coupled with some stellar performance, Mike Clevinger is going to be in the Indians’ rotation to start the season.
Around the league
- The Mariners are close to a 1-year deal with Ichiro Suzuki.
- Seth Romero was sent home by the Washington Nationals for violating club policy (no one is exactly sure what this means).
- Matt Harvey is thinking he’ll bounce back in 2018.
- Paul DeJong and the Cardinals have agreed to a 6-year/$26 million extension.
- Jon Lester can’t throw to first base, so he’s working on a bounce pass.
- Kenley Jansen isn’t happy that the NL East is so non-competitive.
- The Rangers may have stolen some art for Adrian Beltre’s parking spot: